Wednesday 7 November 2012

I've gone all Gothic...

Another day, another make. This time a little something for my niece for Christmas. She loves all things Victorian and Gothic which reminded me I had a piece of Victorian fabric from a skirt panel I'd picked up months ago. Beautiful fabric but I didn't have a clue what to do with it. Then it came to me - what do you make for someone who loves Victorian, Gothic and jewellery? A Victorian Gothic jewellery roll of course!



The fabric is difficult to photograph; it doesn't do it justice. It is a rich black satin brocade with an intricate floral design. The inside of the roll is black satin and features two patch pockets, a zipped pocket and a ring holder. The roll is finished with a satin piped edge, black velvet ribbon and diamante hearts. The closed roll measures 21cm x 11cm, so it's the just the right size for carrying in your handbag or light luggage.



I have a limited amount of this antique fabric available. If you'd like a jewellery roll made as a Christmas gift or simply to treat yourself, please email enquiries@personal-space-interiors.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. That is simply stunning, I love your creativity and the interior looks amazing too. I love antique/vintage things, which is probably why I visit the LovedayAntiques.co.uk website so much, it has some gorgeous pieces of furniture. It's just a shame how much they cost, I need to start saving up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - this is definitely one of my favourite pieces. i always think if you have a beautiful fabric it deserves to be made into something equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete