Monday 26 November 2012

Have Yourself a Handmade Little Christmas!

Well we all know money is becoming increasingly tight at the moment, so with this thought in mind I'm going all out for a handmade Christmas. Or at least, as far as is practical. 

For my niece, I'm making a Kindle cover with some gorgeous Victorian fabric. I'll also be giving her a toile de jouy cushion as I know she really likes the fabric.
Toile de Jouy and lace cushion cover - £14.95 each


For my sister, I've made this beautiful jewellery roll in the same fabric
Victorian Gothic Jewellery Roll - available made to order from £20.00 each
  
I'll  her a framed antique French housekeeper's key that will fit her bedroom decor perfectly. For our daughters, I'm making cosmetic bags and over-the-door organisers (having seen their bathrooms and bedroom floors this is a necessity rather than a luxury!)I haven't made these before, but luckily I do have a pattern to follow so at least I'm not starting from scratch.

For my granddaughter Ava, I have knitted a scarf in a lovely soft pastel green wool. I've double knitted it to make the texture extra soft and warm. If course, I'll have to make one for my grandson Cole too; in a nice charcoal grey I think. I'd love to make him a bearded beanie, but I'm not sure my daughter would ever forgive me for that!

And for my mum and in-laws, I'll be putting together food hampers. No, not a collection of random tins or luxury goods that no-one ever wants to eat. I mean a selection of home cooked supper dishes, baked goods and preserves making a practical and tasty gift that's always appreciated.

So with all this in mind, it's time I got myself organised and wrote some shopping lists. And you know how I love a list...


No comments:

Post a Comment